Through this ministry, we are conduits to see God’s love transform lives. We advocate to promote restorative justice and disciple people affected by incarceration with Biblical principles, teaching them how to reenter society and live out these principles in their home, church, workplace, and community.
Why We Are
- Since 1980 the number of women in jail has increased 1,431% and the number of women in prison has increased by 796% (Vera Institute of Justice, December 2019)
- Tennessee ranks within the Top 4 states in the following categories: Jail Admissions (2nd), Prison Admissions (3rd), Jail Pretrial Population (1st), Jail Sentenced Population (2nd), Prison Population (3rd). (Vera Institute of Justice, December 2019)
- Female inmates must overcome unique social, emotional, and physical challenges that impede their ability to integrate smoothly back into society following a period of incarceration. (“Reentry Programs for Female Inmates,” National Institute of Corrections, NIJ Journal, July 2005)
- Disciple women in establishing a relationship with Jesus and realizing their individual potential according to God’s plan for them. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Provide a safe, loving home environment
- Provide clothing, food, love, and hygiene during the program
- Work opportunity development: interviewing skills, computer skills, resume building
- Provide women with opportunities to give back to the community and adopt a positive, responsible lifestyle
- Train in life skills: cooking, cleaning, budgeting, furthering education, parenting, coping skills, marriage
- Help women plan to obtain and maintain permanent, safe, and affordable housing after program completion
- Give women opportunities to share their faith and encourage others in following Christ
Values & Guiding Principles
Our students and graduates are spiritual warriors whose identity is firm in Christ, walking in the Spirit, and grounded in the Word. They are equipped with the knowledge they need to succeed both in this life and the next and are encouraged to “pay it forward” to those around them.
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out